COPAS-Colorado Members may post available positions free for a period of 30 days. Postings should be brief (one page maximum) and include the following: position title, basic description of position, position requirements. representative contact name, company name, and telephone number.
All job descriptions MUST include the name of the company that is hiring.
Please e-mail the pertinent info to Andrea Kewley at: email@example.com.
The Regulatory Accountant is responsible for assisting with regulatory accounting within the framework of Continental Resources, Inc.’s policies and procedures and in compliance of applicable regulations.
This position will be responsible for assisting with Federal and Indian royalties and reconciliation activities at Continental Resources, Inc. including but not limited to:
- Assist with reporting oil, gas, and NGLs royalties, both arms-length and non-arms-length, in a timely and accurate manner through ONRR to ensure correct payment obligations and reporting to governmental agencies.
- Assist with adjusting prior filings as necessary
- Reconciliation of all GL accounts related to royalty liability accounts.
- Accurate calculation and reporting of Federal and Indian royalties, including appropriate research into new or revised regulatory requirements.
- Maintain log of incoming/outgoing regulatory correspondence
- Coordination with legal and division order / land department as necessary
- Timely respond to ONRR inquiries and requests
- Make related general ledger entries to record/clear payments
- Help prepare for and answer questions during audits
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations
- Follow all internal audit/SOX controls established for revenue accounting
- Other duties as assigned, potentially including multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven team player
- Detailed oriented
- Flexible with changing priorities
- Strong analytical, math and communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-driven and with willingness to work in challenging environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Considerable knowledge of accounting practices and procedures in addition to current federal, state, and local regulations
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 (five) years of oil and gas onshore/offshore revenue regulatory reporting experience
- 10 (ten) or more years preferred
- experience at the Federal level for consideration
- Strong ONRR background preparing responses and been involved with audit by ONRR
- Prior revenue recognition experience
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- An acceptable pre-employment background and drug test.
Please visit: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=ovy44fwV&s=COPAS
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Oil and Gas Accountant
Catamount Energy Partners is seeking an experienced oil and gas accountant with a Bachelor's degree in accounting to join its downtown Denver office. This position will be primarily responsible for monthly revenue and JIB processing and will also have the opportunity to assist with all aspects of E&P accounting including recurring monthly journal entries, imbalances, compliance, acquisitions and divestitures, trial balance account reconciliations as well as operational and financial reporting. The accountant will also be involved in accounting system implementation. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to expand their knowledge and experience in a growing energy company.
The qualified candidate will be an enthusiastic team member who takes ownership and pride in their work. A minimum of 2-3 years' experience entering and processing oil and gas revenue as well as processing JIB's is required. Experience with OGSYS accounting software is a big plus. Microsoft Office Suite experience is required including intermediate to advanced Excel skills. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must. This position will work under the guidance of the controller and needs to be a self-starter who can work under minimal supervision when necessary. The candidate should be a quick and willing learner who is constantly seeking to improve their knowledge and skill set.
Interested and qualified individuals should send a resume and brief cover letter to Tracy Jansen, Controller, Catamount Energy Partners at tjansen@catamountEP.com.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Senior Technical Accountant
With a proud legacy and an exciting future, QEP Resources is a leading independent crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company focused on some of the most prolific resource plays in the continental United States. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, QEP is an S&P MidCap 400 Index member company and its common shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol QEP.
This role will be responsible for special projects, as assigned, which may include complex analysis, process implementations, and technical accounting research and application.
- Contract review, documentation of analysis, and coordinating implementation of proper accounting treatment
- Analyze and implement new accounting standards
- Assist with compliance and regulatory reporting projects
- Develop and implement process improvements across the accounting organization
- A wide variety of special projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience with accounting, financial reporting, technical accounting, and accounting systems
- Experience in the oil and gas exploration and production (upstream) industry strongly preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency in PC based software/windows applications such as Microsoft Office products - Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven financial and analytical ability
- Flexibility to work in a complex and changing organization and adapt to changes in work priorities
- Project management and supervisory skills with team orientation to drive achievement of departmental goals
- Communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, and relate effectively with others
- Prioritize deadlines / tasks, work quickly, and identify and act on issues of materiality
- Collaborate, seek advice and comment when appropriate from coworkers, other departments, and outside professionals and shares information with other groups
- Interpret and understand various positions relative to accounting, auditing and regulatory guidance in order to recommend and implement policies and procedures with strengthened accuracy and clarity of financial reporting
- Positive attitude, professionalism, and performs duties with integrity
- Willing and able to assist senior management with special projects as assigned
Interested parties should apply on our website at https://qep.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=170068
Tuesday, April 4, 2017