COPAS-Colorado Members may post available positions free for a period of 30 days. Postings should be brief (one page maximum) and include the following: position title, basic description of position, position requirements. representative contact name, company name, and telephone number.
All job descriptions MUST include the name of the company that is hiring.
Please e-mail the pertinent info to Andrea Kewley at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crescent Point Energy U.S. Corp., a subsidiary of Crescent Point Energy Corp., is a conventional oil and natural gas company with assets strategically focused in properties comprised of highquality, long-life, operated light oil and natural gas reserves in the United States. Crescent Point strives to create sustainable, value added growth in reserves, production, and cash flow through the execution of management's integrated strategy of acquiring, exploiting and developing reserves in Canada and the United States.
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for booking operated and non-operated North Dakota and Montana oil, gas and plant product revenue. The candidate will process monthly revenue close, including royalty checks. The candidate will also perform account reconciliations on various general ledger accounts, and will perform journal entries to clear balances. The revenue accountant will also work on projects as assigned by the revenue supervisor.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Perform duties accurately and timely in order to meet monthly deadlines
- Utilize analytical skills to research balancing issues within general ledger accounts and royalty owner accounts
- Work as a team to collaborate on ideas and create new processes and improve existing functions to complete tasks efficiently
- Communicate with other departments to keep informed of operational changes and land issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-5 years Oil and Gas experience required
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related field is required
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong Excel skills needed, knowledge of Excalibur and Qbyte a plus
- Self-starter with problem-solving abilities
- Team player who will work with team members to meet tight deadlines and other team goals
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Location: Denver, Colorado
Reports to: Revenue Supervisor
Please visit www.crescentpointenergy.com/careers
Only qualified candidates of interest will be contacted.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Division Order Analyst
Trinity Petroleum Management, LLC provides outsourced accounting, land and systems services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Our clients range from start-up companies to well established operators whose growth strategies emphasize drilling, production and acquisition.
The Division Order Analyst will setup and maintain divisions of interest for new and existing revenue and expense decks for purposes of distributing oil and gas sales proceeds and expenses to the correct ownership. This role will report to the Vice President of Accounting Operations.
- Analyze and setup divisions of interest in the division order system for processing oil and gas revenue, taxes, deductions and expenses.
- Maintain electronic and paper records for revenue and expense decks on both operated and non-operated properties.
- Review requests for all deck changes, ensuring proper documentation and client approval is received to perform changes.
- Setup and maintain property and other master records in the system as needed.
- Prepare and send out division orders to owners for signatures and client records as needed.
- Perform transfer orders, suspense releases and allocations of interest as needed.
- Research, resolve and respond to owner inquiries related to ownership issues.
- Work with closely with revenue accounting to ensure exempt interests are properly accounted for related to deductions and expenses.
- Calculate and maintain true interest, inflated and PPI decks as needed.
- Take on other related special projects and research as required by the clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as division order analyst with experience in federal and state leases
- Excalibur System experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Self-starting, detailed and results oriented team player
Trinity offers an excellent work environment with flexibility in the work schedule, along with benefits and a competitive compensation package.
Candidates seeking 3-4 days/week are welcome to apply along with those looking for full-time employment. Please reply to email@example.com.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
ExTex Division Order Services
This position is primarily responsible for processing all run tickets for client through Wolfepak Run Ticket System. This includes managing any contract additions or deletions; price or purchase percent changes; as well as any operator changes. Maintain and process all lease allocation changes on a monthly basis in the Wolfepak Run Ticket System. Process revenue through the Wolfepak Revenue System on a lease-by-lease basis using volumes and values calculated in the Run Ticket System. Maintain correct tax basis for leases that client is responsible for reporting and paying the taxes on behalf of the operators. Process and print revenue checks and wire detail on a monthly basis. Process and maintain all 100% divisions of interest in the Wolfepak Revenue system.
Contact Nic Pade, 303-463-8799 ext:1026
Wednesday, March 1, 2017