COPAS-Colorado Members may post available positions free for a period of 30 days. Postings should be brief (one page maximum) and include the following: position title, basic description of position, position requirements. representative contact name, company name, and telephone number.
All job descriptions MUST include the name of the company that is hiring.
Please e-mail the pertinent info to Lauren Davis at Lauren.Davis@mossadams.com
Oil and Gas Tax Accountant - Extex
This position is primarily responsible for preparing and filing Severance and Ad Valorum tax returns and working with the title group and the revenue distribution group to ensure that all the records in the revenue distribution system reflects the correct tax withheld on each property. The tax accountant will work with ExTex customers and their operators to obtain and validate tax information by property to ensure accurate tax reporting and to facilitate correct payments to the appropriate taxing authority. The tax accountant will work with various taxing authorities to research and resolve any issues that are communicated to ExTex as they are identified. In addition, the tax accountant will identify and implement procedures to streamline and improve accuracy of tax withholding and reporting.
This includes general ledger reconciliations of various balance sheet tax accounts to ensure that prior period transactions are filed with the various taxing authorities in a timely manner. Monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet withholding accounts will also be completed to ensure that payments are properly clearing out the tax payable liability accounts. This position is also responsible for researching various state and federal tax requirements as the need arises by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
This job has no supervisory duties.
To perform job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree with 5 years related experience and or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive package of PTO, Medical, Dental and 401k benefits.
Contact: Chris Pennels (303) 463-8799, x-1003
Consulting General Ledger Accountant - Oil and Gas - EKS&H
EKS&H is a nationally recognized professional services firm providing audit, tax, technology, wealth advisory, and business consulting services to public and private clients locally, nationally, and internationally. Our commitment to client service has resulted in sustained growth since we began in 1978. Working collaboratively, the best measure of our success is the success of our clients.
As the fifth largest firm headquartered in the western U.S., we have approximately 700 employees, including more than 70 partners, in offices in Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and San Francisco. Currently, we have more than 150 consulting professionals and the largest number of CPAs of any firm based in the Rocky Mountain region. We were ranked the 41st largest U.S. firm in 2018 by Accounting Today and have been named a “Best Place to Work” by the Denver Business Journal, the Great Place to Work® Institute, and FORTUNE Magazine. To learn more, please visit us at www.eksh.com.
EKS&H has achieved exceptional growth and continues to find strategic ways to serve more clients in their business endeavors. We have a culture that fosters creativity and collaboration, rewards individuals that bring value to our clients, and we continually strive for an environment that supports healthy work-life integration. The consulting Energy Accounting Solutions group provides outsourced accounting to the upstream oil and gas industry. We are currently seeking a general ledger professional for our Energy Accounting Solutions group at our Denver Tech Center office.
Responsibilities of General Ledger Oil and Gas Accounting professionals:
- Provide accounting assistance (i.e., general ledger transaction recording).
- Maintain month-end schedules and reconciliations; ensure the accuracy and check the content of each account for multiple clients.
- Interact with various departments to gather information and ask questions during the accounting cycle.
- Assist in producing monthly financial statements for multiple clients.
- Meet monthly/quarterly/yearly deadlines.
- Respond, interact, and prepare schedules during clients’ audits.
- Respond, interact, and prepare schedules for clients’ tax accountants.
- Recognize and solve problems and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Recognize when assistance is needed and ask for help from peers and managers.
- BS or BA in accounting, finance, or related area
- Master’s degree a plus but not required
- Oil and Gas industry experience strongly preferred
- BOLO and/or Oil and Gas accounting software knowledge strongly preferred
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Strong work ethic
Please apply on our website by following this link
Contact; EKS&H HR Senior Leslie Syniec firstname.lastname@example.org (303) 224-4647
Tax Manager at SRC Energy
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of filings and various tasks related to the Company’s corporate sales, use, property, severance, and miscellaneous tax compliance. This position will coordinate efforts with the Accounting and Finance teams.
- Gather and prepare filings required for sales, use, severance, and ad valorem tax compliance.
- Provide timely responses to data requests related to sales, use, severance, and ad valorem tax compliance.
- Lead role in calculating required accruals for sales, use, property, and severance taxes.
- Provide thought leadership for comprehensive tax strategies across the organization to optimize taxes, enhance cash flow, and minimize risk.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate relevant tax law changes to CAO.
- Work with the finance and accounting teams on process improvements for the compliance process.
Tax Audits and Tax Notices
- Lead role in managing federal, state, and local tax audits including interaction with auditors and scheduling.
- Gather and organize information required for federal, state, and local tax audits; prepare responses to audit queries, as requested.
- Organize and provide timely replies to federal, state, and local tax notices.
Other Tax Responsibilities
- Coordinate with service providers for preparation of outsourced Federal and State income tax returns, extensions, and provisions and the review thereof.
- Assess tax impact of transactions and identify and communicate tax opportunities and risks from contemplated and realized events.
- Perform research on various direct and indirect tax issues as needed
- Perform other duties requested by management
- Develop process improvements to design, standardize, and automate tax accounting and reporting activities.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or similar field.
- 8+ years of relevant corporate tax experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax department; tax audit experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with BOLO experience a plus.
- Upstream Oil & Gas tax experience required, experience with operations in Colorado preferred
- CPA and/or CMI a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret state tax laws and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, problem solve, and work independently.
- Detail-oriented; excellent organizational and communication skills required.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to HR@srcenergy.com. Thank you!
Revenue Accountant at Discovery Natural Resources
Prepare revenue accrual and cash entries for operated and non-operated wells based on production allocations and purchaser contract prices. Apply revenue deductions based on contracts for gathering, compression, transportation, and other post production costs, and apply appropriate production taxes. Review division of interest changes and process owner suspense reallocations received from Land Department. Monitor gas balancing, pipeline imbalances, and prepare related entries. Prepare and file monthly state production tax returns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accurately record volumes, dollars, deductions and taxes by product
- Review contracts for correct product prices, revenue deductions/rates, production tax rates
- Record all revenue related activity into the Bolo accounting system
- Process owner suspense reallocations received from Land Department
- Prepare miscellaneous monthly revenue journal vouchers
- Disburse internal and external owner share of sales net of deductions and taxes
- Assist with monthly revenue close process
- Prepare monthly revenue accrual, compare to actual, analyze/explain significant differences
- Monthly reconciliation of oil and gas general ledger accounts
- Perform monthly volume & value trend analysis and provide explanation for exceptions
- Prepare and file monthly tax reports
- Ensure timely payment of all taxes and royalty
- Ensure timely governmental filings and reporting
- Verify that all tax incentives have been applied for and are being used
- Coordinate severance tax audits
- Coordinate other revenue audits as necessary
- Provide information and records as requested to external auditors
- Review contracts and coordinate resolving any issues with Marketing
- Maintain Contract Summary with printed copies and digital references to all contracts
- Review governmental regulations to ensure compliance
- Provide accurate reports and analyses
- Reconcile gas imbalances and cashouts
- Perform special projects as required
- Interface with other departments in preparation of various reports and analysis
- Perform research and formulate recommendations as appropriate
- Understand overall areas of responsibility and recommend changes to procedures and processes as appropriate
- 5 + years experience in oil and gas revenue accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word
- Bolo accounting software highly desirable
- Excellent fundamental accounting skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative and possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others in a team environment
- Clear and concise verbal and writing ability
- Strong problem solving skills
Please send questions or resumes to:
Human Resources Generalist