COPAS-Colorado Members may post available positions free for a period of 30 days. Postings should be brief (one page maximum) and include the following: position title, basic description of position, position requirements. representative contact name, company name, and telephone number.
All job descriptions MUST include the name of the company that is hiring.
Please e-mail the pertinent info to Lauren Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Revenue Accountant
Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (“CRD”) (NASDAQ: CDEV) is currently seeking a Sr. Revenue Accountant. Reporting to the Asst. Controller, the Sr. Revenue Accountant will have general revenue accounting duties as well as responsibilities including regulatory reporting functions such as state severance tax and federal royalty reporting. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting skills, an understanding of the unique requirements pertaining to oil and gas in the state of Texas, and previous experience with Quorum accounting software.
General responsibilities include:
- Revenue and production data entry into Quorum accounting software
- Process, allocate, and account for production of oil, gas, and NGLs
- Invoice and distribute revenue concerning salt water disposal wells
- Analyze purchaser statements, prepare revenue and allocation spreadsheets, and ensure proper accounting concerning taxes, deductions and allowable exemptions
- Run the revenue distribution process to distribute payments and statement details to owners
- Prepare, file, and amend for any adjustments in relations to tax and royalty reports as required by state and federal agencies
- Prepare accounting entries related to revenue monthly processing and close activities
- Prepare account reconciliations for revenue, royalty and tax accounts
- Provide support for special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills include:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently
- Superior ability to prioritize activities and meet all deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate a positive/flexible attitude in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in oil and gas revenue accounting including state severance tax and federal royalty reporting
- Quorum accounting software experience, preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office proficiency required (Excel and Word)
Interested candidates can contact Michelle Zayonc, HR, at email@example.com or by phone 720.499.1442
Consulting Oil & Gas Revenue Accountant
EKS&H is a nationally recognized professional services firm providing audit, tax, technology, wealth advisory, and business consulting services to public and private clients locally, nationally, and internationally. Our commitment to client service has resulted in sustained growth since we began in 1978. Working collaboratively, the best measure of our success is the success of our clients.
We have more than 150 consulting professionals in a dozen different cities throughout the U.S. and the largest number of CPAs of any firm based in the Rocky Mountain region. As the fifth largest firm headquartered in the western U.S., we have approximately 700 employees, including more than 70 partners, in offices in Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and San Francisco. We are ranked the 42nd largest U.S. firm in 2017 by Accounting Today and have been named a Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal, the Great Place to Work® Institute, and FORTUNE Magazine. To learn more, please visit us at www.eksh.com.
EKS&H has experienced exceptional and continual growth. We have a unique environment that fosters creativity, rewards individuals who bring value to our clients, and provides work-life balance. The consulting energy accounting solutions group provides outsourced accounting to the upstream oil and gas industry.
We are seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented, multi-tasking, diligent, and motivated employee to work in our Denver Tech Center office. The ideal candidate will have recent oil and gas exploration and production revenue accounting experience, solid analytical skills, and a professional attitude. This position provides room for growth for an individual who learns quickly and can take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Process oil and gas revenues, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Process royalty owner monthly distributions.
- Prepare and file tax and royalty reports as required by various state and federal agencies.
- Assist with adjusting prior fillings as necessary.
- Coordinate with clients’ land departments to set up and maintain revenue division orders.
- Accounting/business-related college degree
- Two to five years of recent oil and gas E & P industry revenue accounting experience
- Proficient in working with databases and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and with multiple clients
To apply follow this link;
Or go to www.eksh.com, Careers, Experienced Hiring then Oil & Gas Revenue Accountant