COPAS-Colorado Members may post available positions free for a period of 30 days. Postings should be brief (one page maximum) and include the following: position title, basic description of position, position requirements. representative contact name, company name, and telephone number.
All job descriptions MUST include the name of the company that is hiring.
Please e-mail the pertinent info to Don Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Revenue Accountant at Zavanna LLC
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for the accounting functions for the volume allocation, revenue and deductions associated with wells, pipelines and facilities. With limited supervision, they will need to be able to apply generally accepted accounting principles in performing all duties and responsibilities. They will also need to work effectively with key Company departments such as Accounting, Land, Owner Relations and Legal.
Coordination and oversight of the following activities:
• Responsible for Bakken asset area revenue accounting cycles
• Record oil, gas, condensate and liquid revenues and volumes
• Process and post prior period adjustments for volume, price, costs and ownership changes
• Prepare monthly revenue variance analysis, explain fluctuations in amounts as compared to prior months and estimates
• Balance the plant monthly volumes to assure all quantities and related values are captured and accounted for, monthly reconciliation of volumes and values from producer statements to plant statements
• Prepare schedule to track non-operation payments and follow up on payments to assure accurate and timely collection
• Complete revenue accrual analysis and provide detailed feedback on accrual results
• Support Owner Relation inquiries
• Perform other duties as necessary for the proper accounting of oil, gas, liquids and condensate.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting / finance
• 2-4 years of relevant oil and gas revenue accounting experience with industry knowledge and terminology preferred
• Ability to understand and interpret accounting policies
• Commitment to work some overtime during busy periods such as quarter and year-end close
• Strong ability to analyze data, determine root cause variances and make clear recommendations
• Proficiency in Microsoft office products: Excel, Word and Outlook
• Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
• Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines
• Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers
• Must be able to liaise across departments where distinction in roles and responsibilities are in the process of being developed
• Must have a positive, solution oriented outlook
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to combine creativity, innovation and flexibility with an uncompromising professional standard
• Skilled in developing, utilizing and extending network of internal and external contacts
• Committed to Zavanna’s values and high ethical standards.
First and foremost, Zavanna seeks the right person to fit into our company culture. For the right, motivated candidate who is willing to make sacrifices and work outside of their comfort zone, we are willing to help train and develop them beyond the core competencies requested. We take the approach that the right person will be able to learn and achieve anything.
Zavanna is a unique organization with a culture that foregoes the normal implementation of policies and procedures from a human resources standpoint, and instead chooses to treat its employees like adults with respect, expecting that its employees will return that respect.
Zavanna does not believe in the authoritarian top-down structure that exists within many E&P companies, and is currently shifting its company culture to reflect that belief. We desire to work together as a team, with leaders who are chosen because of the example that they set, not because they are nominated by "executive management".
Zavanna employees need to be ready to receive open and honest feedback about themselves, and also to provide feedback in constructive, respectful ways to others. We desire to continue to build a company that does not function or operate in the same manner as most other E&P companies. You may be asked to perform duties which seem below your pay grade, however, the CEO of the company is likely to join you in completing that task.
Zavanna is not looking to build and flip. We desire to structure our company for continued long-term growth, so please do not even apply if your desire is to make a lifetime of wealth in the next 1-3 years. We fully believe that wealth can be generated for every employee no matter their title or position, but this will happen over time, not overnight. We are seeking employees who share this view.
The final quality, which is mandatory in any Zavanna employee, is the ability to grow both personally and professionally over time. We do not seek perfection, far from it. We seek individuals who have a desire to do the often difficult work of stepping out of their comfort zone to further develop not only themselves, but those around them.
Resumes should be sent to Zavanna’s Accounting Manager, Kevin Wright at email@example.com.
Senior Accountant at Aspect Management Corporation (Denver, CO)
As Senior Accountant, you will oversee international and domestic accounting closings and reporting as you enhance and streamline processes and procedures. This is a “hands-on” role where you will be asked to consistently and diligently partner with third-party outsourced groups and interact closely with department heads and senior management.
- Ensure expedient closing of consolidated books and records for multi-tier holding companies and their majority and minority owned affiliate companies.
- Collaborate in overseeing timely deliverance of audit schedules and general audit support.
- Provide foreign to US GAAP conversions and intercompany billings for affiliated companies.
- Seek constant process improvement opportunities and propose relevant process changes to improve efficiency, timeliness, and reduce redundancy of work.
- Significant involvement in integration of multiple systems/platforms to enhance operational and financial reporting.
- Monitor thin-capitalization rules for foreign investments.
- Confirm intercompany eliminations are correctly recorded.
- Prepare debt compliance calculations/covenants.
- Supply and review baseline tax schedules for compliance, planning, and reporting purposes.
- Contribute to presentations and other supporting materials updating senior management and Board of Directors on various issues.
- The position may require week long travel to Europe one to two times a year and an occasional domestic trip.
Click the link below to apply:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other appropriate discipline.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ combined experience in the energy or oil and gas industry, as well as public accounting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A team player willing to assist where needed with the ability to work personally, proactively and independently to achieve results and use thoughtful judgment.
Oil and Gas Tax Accountant - Extex
This position is primarily responsible for preparing and filing Severance and Ad Valorum tax returns and working with the title group and the revenue distribution group to ensure that all the records in the revenue distribution system reflects the correct tax withheld on each property. The tax accountant will work with ExTex customers and their operators to obtain and validate tax information by property to ensure accurate tax reporting and to facilitate correct payments to the appropriate taxing authority. The tax accountant will work with various taxing authorities to research and resolve any issues that are communicated to ExTex as they are identified. In addition, the tax accountant will identify and implement procedures to streamline and improve accuracy of tax withholding and reporting.
This includes general ledger reconciliations of various balance sheet tax accounts to ensure that prior period transactions are filed with the various taxing authorities in a timely manner. Monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet withholding accounts will also be completed to ensure that payments are properly clearing out the tax payable liability accounts. This position is also responsible for researching various state and federal tax requirements as the need arises by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
This job has no supervisory duties.
To perform job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree with 5 years related experience and or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive package of PTO, Medical, Dental and 401k benefits.
Contact: Chris Pennels (303) 463-8799, x-1003
Oil & Gas Accountant for Southwestern Production Corp.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oil and gas accountant for small but growing oil and gas company that is looking for someone with experience in some or all of the following aspects:
oil and gas working interest revenue processing,
settlement and invoicing of gas, crude and NGL’s associated with gathering operations,
gas imbalance reconciliation and pipeline transmission,
joint interest billing
Candidates with experience in Bolo oil and gas accounting software will be considered favorably.
This position will be responsible for recording revenue
maintaining accounts payable invoices for multiple projects (wells or units.).
Knowledge of oil and gas accounting and operations,
federal unit accounting rules,
oil & gas development
production chart of accounts, well location entries, tangible, intangible and lease operating categories of expenses and revenue decks is essential.
Candidate will have to code line items on incoming revenue statements and vendor invoices to record the types of income and expenses and input them into the system and track the items through the revenue and payment cycle and perform reconciliations.
Recording items to the proper department (well or unit) is essential as we will have multiple projects running concurrently.
Timely input of the data is a priority of the position.
Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs
The company is in a growth period so there is a large volume of work flow that is expected to continue. There may be opportunities for involvement in special projects and increasing responsibilities. The company is developing Federal units and applicants with knowledge and experience in this area will be favorable considered. Applicants must have experience in the areas described above and be able to deal with the pressures of a growing business and the personality to easily get along with their co-workers in a small office environment. The successful candidate will need to be highly organized, file documents and at times will have to answer phones along with all members of the office.