COPAS-Colorado Members may post available positions free for a period of 30 days. Postings should be brief (one page maximum) and include the following: position title, basic description of position, position requirements. representative contact name, company name, and telephone number.
All job descriptions MUST include the name of the company that is hiring.
Please e-mail the pertinent info to Don Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Accountant at Aspect Management Corporation (Denver, CO)
As Senior Accountant, you will oversee international and domestic accounting closings and reporting as you enhance and streamline processes and procedures. This is a “hands-on” role where you will be asked to consistently and diligently partner with third-party outsourced groups and interact closely with department heads and senior management.
- Ensure expedient closing of consolidated books and records for multi-tier holding companies and their majority and minority owned affiliate companies.
- Collaborate in overseeing timely deliverance of audit schedules and general audit support.
- Provide foreign to US GAAP conversions and intercompany billings for affiliated companies.
- Seek constant process improvement opportunities and propose relevant process changes to improve efficiency, timeliness, and reduce redundancy of work.
- Significant involvement in integration of multiple systems/platforms to enhance operational and financial reporting.
- Monitor thin-capitalization rules for foreign investments.
- Confirm intercompany eliminations are correctly recorded.
- Prepare debt compliance calculations/covenants.
- Supply and review baseline tax schedules for compliance, planning, and reporting purposes.
- Contribute to presentations and other supporting materials updating senior management and Board of Directors on various issues.
- The position may require week long travel to Europe one to two times a year and an occasional domestic trip.
Click the link below to apply:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other appropriate discipline.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ combined experience in the energy or oil and gas industry, as well as public accounting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A team player willing to assist where needed with the ability to work personally, proactively and independently to achieve results and use thoughtful judgment.
Oil and Gas Tax Accountant - Extex
This position is primarily responsible for preparing and filing Severance and Ad Valorum tax returns and working with the title group and the revenue distribution group to ensure that all the records in the revenue distribution system reflects the correct tax withheld on each property. The tax accountant will work with ExTex customers and their operators to obtain and validate tax information by property to ensure accurate tax reporting and to facilitate correct payments to the appropriate taxing authority. The tax accountant will work with various taxing authorities to research and resolve any issues that are communicated to ExTex as they are identified. In addition, the tax accountant will identify and implement procedures to streamline and improve accuracy of tax withholding and reporting.
This includes general ledger reconciliations of various balance sheet tax accounts to ensure that prior period transactions are filed with the various taxing authorities in a timely manner. Monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet withholding accounts will also be completed to ensure that payments are properly clearing out the tax payable liability accounts. This position is also responsible for researching various state and federal tax requirements as the need arises by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
This job has no supervisory duties.
To perform job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree with 5 years related experience and or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive package of PTO, Medical, Dental and 401k benefits.
Contact: Chris Pennels (303) 463-8799, x-1003
Oil & Gas Accountant for Southwestern Production Corp.
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Oil and gas accountant for small but growing oil and gas company that is looking for someone with experience in some or all of the following aspects:
oil and gas working interest revenue processing,
settlement and invoicing of gas, crude and NGL’s associated with gathering operations,
gas imbalance reconciliation and pipeline transmission,
joint interest billing
Candidates with experience in Bolo oil and gas accounting software will be considered favorably.
This position will be responsible for recording revenue
maintaining accounts payable invoices for multiple projects (wells or units.).
Knowledge of oil and gas accounting and operations,
federal unit accounting rules,
oil & gas development
production chart of accounts, well location entries, tangible, intangible and lease operating categories of expenses and revenue decks is essential.
Candidate will have to code line items on incoming revenue statements and vendor invoices to record the types of income and expenses and input them into the system and track the items through the revenue and payment cycle and perform reconciliations.
Recording items to the proper department (well or unit) is essential as we will have multiple projects running concurrently.
Timely input of the data is a priority of the position.
Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs
The company is in a growth period so there is a large volume of work flow that is expected to continue. There may be opportunities for involvement in special projects and increasing responsibilities. The company is developing Federal units and applicants with knowledge and experience in this area will be favorable considered. Applicants must have experience in the areas described above and be able to deal with the pressures of a growing business and the personality to easily get along with their co-workers in a small office environment. The successful candidate will need to be highly organized, file documents and at times will have to answer phones along with all members of the office.